BLAH!
Thursday, July 15, 2004
 
Question 8!
  what about you is the most different from the day you started the blog to the day your ending it and why?     My second entry in the blog was this: “Okay, so i have a made a rule, i will not edit the content of these blogs once i post them and i will not edit them as i type them (beyond grammar and spelling)... So lets get right into it (thats just the kind of guy i am) 4 truths about me and than this post is finished:1) I rush into things, there tends to be an "on" and "off" switch, no varying intensities (not sure if thats a good thing)2) I am young to be into all of this3)I am afraid of my emotions4)I have a good sense of what i like”   Some of that feels like it was a different person. And some of it feels way to close to me still. I still rush into things, I’m still afraid of some emotions. I don’t feel young anymore, I don’t feel like I only have an “on/off” switch.   But it’s not those things that really changed the most. Oh they changed, but not in any boundless crazy way. The biggest difference in me now, is my sense of what I like. When I first wrote that I had a good sense of what I like, I meant that I could tell you what kind of fruit I enjoyed, and how I liked to be tied up. I meant that I could predict how I would feel things, or tell you what I tought on anything. I was/ am a know it all. But, I didn’t know what I WAS LIKE. That’s the biggest change I think.   I know me a lot better, and that means that I fear myself less. I don’t worry so much about my impulses, or my emotions (I still don’t like crying), or that I have a weird fear of the dark and zombies. That’s me.  I know and accept myself more and more.  That allows me to sing the strawberry shortcake theme without too much coaxing.  And sometimes lets me apologies when I know the ADHD is acting up and I am poking Sir. It also lets me role over and beg for pettings, and licks, and cuddles. Cuase I know I like that stuff, and accept that. And the reason for that change?   The Sirs.  It’s hard to explain. Their acceptance of the parts of me I considered shameful (and some parts I still do) let me accept them a little more. As it became okay to show those parts of me, I came to know them more. And then I became okay with some of those things, a lot of them in fact.   So I went from knowing what I like to Liking what I know a lot more. And knowing a lot about what I am like. Pretty cool, huh? Who are all those people?

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Learn more about 100 Bloggers.