BLAH!
Thursday, July 15, 2004
 
Question 6

How has this blog helped you, and how has it hurt or cost you?

As above, mostly the help has come from learning to accept certain things. And feeling less alone. Most e-mails I got were not questions, or advice, but things like “I love your blog” or “You seem so interesting” reading that is great.

Hurt me?

I guess it has hampered some communications I could/ should have had. Sending specs this address when a phone call or a carefully worded e-mail might do? Bad.

Flipping out on here when I first went into training when I should have told them? Bad.

It’s not done anything drastic to me. It’s wierded out it’s fair share of internet hookups, And led to many strange conversations, and pissed off some people. But again. Nothing that I couldn’t have done myself.

It’s biggest flaw and biggest benefit is that people can get a real feel for me just by reading this thing. And that allowed me to go without calling sometimes.

No more them saying “oh I read that in your blog!”

No more me saying “oh I just bloged about that!”

Now I use the phone.

I will miss the sheer narcissism of it. But I’ll live.

Who are all those people?

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Learn more about 100 Bloggers.