BLAH!
Saturday, January 10, 2004
 
So, let me tell you about my weekend.
On Thursday, I met this girl on the train ride from the airport, we get to talking and exchange numbers. She and I made plans to hang out (which we did, but I will get to that later). The rest of my night consisted of meeting up With BootM. The hot man with his hot slave. His slave was sick so we couldn’t play, but those plans were postponed until tonight. When BootM and I WILL play…and hopefully his slave too. Unless he is still sick… So BootM and I met up for dinner. We talked a lot about the leather community. And My move to Chicago, and ithe motivating factors. Basically Chicago has a lot of firms that I could work at (intern) and cheap rent, among other things. But as for the leather community, we both agreed New York could be better. The reason is simple though, it’s all about acceptance and personal responsibility. I believe that a lot of leather folks have forgotten that they are apart of the community whether they want to be or not. I mean; when you practice S/m, you are part of the community; your role in the community is up to you. But all these people complain about the leather community, and then do nothing. Yes the eagle sucks for leather, yes you get looks if you show up in leather pants. But come on people, when did a snap judgment from some tweeker prevent us from having a leather bar? So that was my big consensus while talking to BootM, the leather community is what you make it. You want to worry what people think about you? Stay home, you want to bitch about the community, then stay in on Saturday night? Not appropriate, meet you online hookup at the bar, dressed in full leather. Make a showing. Buy a beer. Support it. So Thursday was basically a night to sleep early, brush my teeth, and plug myself (Sir wants me prepped for MAL). Friday was my interview at DePaul, which went well. DePaul doesn’t have many scholarships for transfer students, but she said financial aid would cover me partially, now that I am paying for my schooling. I like the campus and people there, they same focused. After the interview I met up with a guy we shall call…G-unit. G-unit and I have been talking online for awhile now. It’s never been sexually charged, so I knew that when we met it would be completely about talking. It was, and that is a good thing. He holds an excellent conversation. He and I hit it off pretty easily, melding our online chatter into actual chatter. He is in the process of discovering himself, and while he is older he has a lot of self discovery to do. S/m wise anyway. He seems to have his life pretty set (though he doesn’t know what he wants to do later in life…but who does?). He can build things, and seems to be good with his hands, but that’s more his hobby. However, G-unit got into a relationship when he was young. It was, and is, a non kinky relationship. His boyfriend lets him play outside of it, but G-unit hasn’t been able to fully explore his submissive side. It’s partially due to the relationship, and partially that G-unit has not met the right people. G-unit doesn’t know what he wants…the idea of being owned get his motor running, but the practicalities of it prevent it. He needs to meet more good kinky people who will show him the options. He is sort of like me, but I lucked out a lot. Met guys who wanted to do more than “fuck and run.” They wanted to hold me afterward, talk about the scene, and discuss what it meant to me. I resisted it a lot, but I know now that it was important. G-unit is coming to a point though, I think, He has to start to figure out if he is okay with being in a vanilla relationship…or if he wants to go for his goal. If he wants to explore the fantasies that he has in his head. Which is funny, since he seems so capable of doing it with work, and school. Like right now his is contemplating becoming a lawyer. So he is trying to get a job at a law firm. Meanwhile I am the opposite. I am so capable of exploring my fantasies, but I find it hard to go for my dreams with work and school. I hope I can be there for him in some capacity. After my chill time with G-unit. I went back to my hotel and got a call from train Girl, we decided to go out for dinner. She was with some of her friends so they wanted to take me to this Italian place. The line was so long that train girl and I decided to break off from the group and hit up the bar next door (it looked like fun), the rest of her friends wanted to wait. Train girl and I were in the bar from 7-10, they served dinner there so we snagged a table and began to talk about Chicago. Train girl is 19 like me, so she gave a perspective on Chi town that I needed (it is an over 21 city). The ladies next to us joined in on the conversation. One of the is an Ad executive. So I struck a deeper conversation with her (intership!) and she gave me her number. I gave her mine and she asked if I wanted to attend a yoga party with her tomorrow (which would be tonight). I accepted and told her to call me. So we shall see what the hell a yoga party is. Post bar with Train girl, I hit up the Cell Block. It was a nice night, I met up with All these people who knew me when I was 18, and much less sure of myself, and much less knowledgeable about leather. They all commented how much I had “improved” which I am not sure if I like or not.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Learn more about 100 Bloggers.