BLAH!
Saturday, January 10, 2004
 
I like Chicago, I miss my Sirs.
Sorry, but sometimes the basics are the best thing. The college I am checking out is really nice, problem is the money. Most of my credits will transfer, a lot of my educational ideals mesh with the philosophy. I like the nice campus, the cool students, the great facilities, the pretty buildings, and smart teachers. It all fits me, but here I sit in my hotel room, planning out my night and thinking about Sir and Daddybear. You see, the problem with being young and in college is that money is always going to be tight. So, choosing DePaul means choosing not to be Sir’s and Daddybear’s boy. Bentley is the college in Boston that rivals DePaul, hell, surpasses DePaul. And there is my hypocrisy, I am going to apply to Bentley, but at the same time Chicago scares me because it means ending something before it really begins… Boston scares me because it means being very close to something that is just beginning. Though, I don’t have to make any decisions until August, and I don’t know which schools will accept me. But that is part of the problem, I want something concrete, something that I am working toward. I mean really working toward. It’s funny, I describe myself as a runner, but what I should say is I run AWAY from things. I think it’s time I ran toward things. I will complete my application to Bentley , visit it, see if I could go there, and if I could, if I do get in, if the financial aid is good enough…then I shall go. That’s it. I can’t have Sir or Daddybear be a part of my college choice. It’s all on me. I like Chicago a lot. I have been having this amazing weekend, but I am not sure if it is because I am visiting or because Chicago like this always.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Learn more about 100 Bloggers.