BLAH!
Monday, September 15, 2003
 
Okay, so last night I hit the eagle, bowling was cancelled and I wanted to do something. I spoke with a top from Brooklyn and we met up there. HOT FUN! Flogged at the eagle (for like a minute), then he left (I would have gone with him but I was feeling way to randy to be submissive). So I met up with 2 guys separately: one twig of an actor, the other a muscle god who pushed me into the wall and lifted me off my feet. Perfect, right? Wrong, while both were into the idea of kink, neither knew what they wanted. The actor like public sex, and went to the eagle in the assumption he could have it. The muscle god wanted drugs and “play”. “I love being spanked while I am fucked” he told me as we kissed. Okay, so what’s wrong here? Nothing really, the desire for leather is here, but the problem is that we have no clubs, no groups forcing it upon the people. The RENAGADES aren’t out in force, and the other clubs are sort of nameless. GMSMA isn’t scary enough to attract the attention of people who aren’t ballsy enough to look for it. We need a club, a group that shows up at the bars with their boy’s in chains, the whip marks showing, the men in chaps, and the Chelsea queens who populate the bar would just have to deal (the playdo of the bar, “fun to look at, not to eat”). NYC for all it’s leather has lost it’s community I think. I mean we have a leather community, but were not scary anymore. In SF they have the 15 association and other clubs, in Chicago they have CHC. It’s all a matter of making showing, of saying “yeah you vanilla guy I am into scary shit, want some?” That’s all it’s not that we lost our bar, or that we lost our dirty back rooms. Those things help, but walls do not a leather scene make. It’s the clubs, the private gatherings, the hushed whispers of “I hear that they make people bleed, that he likes to have needles in him, that he likes to be whipped.” Leather for all the advances to make it public, requires a certain amount of intimacy, privacy, and for lack of a better term, mystery. A magician never reveals how he does his tricks and I don’t think that leather should attempt to either, with outsiders. I don’t know I think this could work, but time will tell. So here is my plan. I am going to make a club. Somehow, someway I am going to do it. We will start slow, but I know enough people to gather a card game or two. Place will be the hardest, once I can gather everybody it is only a matter of finding a place for them. And the name came to me last night as I was at the eagle “Manhattan Products” (a play on the atom bomb scientists) Or “MP” (I am open to suggestions) . I think I can do this. It’s not so important we have play events yet, or that we do anything for the community, just that I can gather people and we show up. You know how flash mobs work? Same idea. Gather, be at the bar, and disperse at some point, maybe it’s a pipe dream. But I am going to spring the idea on red and then who knows? My goal is simply to make a standing again, leather is here, we just need to show up. We won’t try to teach you anything, but we make take you home if you get the balls to ask. It’s time leather men became elitist queens, fuck inclusiveness. Seedy back rooms nothing, seedy houses, seedy streets, seedy lives! So, if you start seeing shirt’s that say “sadomasochist” or there is a large group in one corner of some leather-esque bar in the city and you get a little scared to talk to them for fear they might beat you. Or some guy with a shirt off has marks on his back, well I have done my part. Oh and if I never write about this again, it means I failed miserably, which is more than likely as I tend to be way more content after a good hard flogging or a great bondage scene. Both of which I have on the horizon. Oh and on an unrealated note, I got my dildo in tonight which means woohoo!

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Learn more about 100 Bloggers.