BLAH!
Sunday, August 17, 2003
 
Okay so 4:15 yesterday (Thursday) I find myself on the 6th floor of a nursing home when the alarms go off, the lights flicker and the elevators shut down. The only thing I can think is “shit, here’s the end”. With the backup power on someone flicked on the radio to find out all the powers out. I have been on shift since 11:00 am, and was supposed to do a 12 hour tour, so at 11:00 pm I am out. But when the city’s power goes off you can assume your doing some over time. Basically I wound up doing very little other than helping out the Fire Department guys. Mostly we drove around flashing our light on the dark streets. It was scary, like a scene from 28 days latter, just seeing all these people hanging outside some of them in fist fights, some just hanging out. We would pass by and all the eyes would look pissed, like our lights had disturbed some perfect moment nature. I worked 13 hours, slept for five then went on for another 6, all and all pretty good.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Learn more about 100 Bloggers.